In Metatask you can collect important data and transfer it between tasks with the help of a data form. E.g. you have tasks to make a job posting on several resources, and you'd like to include reference links in them. So you can create data form with fields for these links and easily keep this information in your tasks.
Steps to create data form:
Start with creating a new template.
Once you're done with process details and tasks, you can switch to the tab "Data form" and follow these steps:
- Press button "Create form"
2. Enter the section name. Your form can contain several sections for better data organisation.
3. Configure layout for this particular section: it can look like a regular data form (choose form), or a table with columns (choose table).
4. Add fields for data:
- enter field name. It is a label for the data field (or column name for table)
- choose input type. It defines what data will be collected using this field: date, money, text, etc.
- for some types additional settings are available: e.g. for Money type you can set max and min value as well as currencies to be used
To add new field to the section, press button " + New field"
To add new section, press button " + New section"
5. When you're done configuring sections and fields in you data form, please also set field visibility settings for every field or section in every task. The default visibility is Editable (means every task assignee can view and edit all data form fields)