When you add data form to your template, you might not want process starter or assignee to work with the entire form. Metatask allows you to setup form fields for process start screen:
- if you mark field as Hidden, process starter won't see this field
- if you mark field as Required, process starter won't be able to start new process until she fills in this field
- if you mark field as Editable, process starter will see this field and be able to fill it in
By default all data form fields are Hidden for process starter.
Steps to setup fields visibility on process start screen:
- Choose your template with configured data form and open "Tasks" panel
- Click on the "Process start task"
- Switch to "Fields Visibility" tab
4. Choose visibility for every field or for the whole section. The default visibility option is Hidden
6. The same way you can set up form fields access for each task in your process, just select the task in "Tasks" panel.
In the screenshot below you can see how process starter will see the field:
- field "Name" is Required
- field "Birth date" is Editable
- field "Department" is Read-only
- field "Job title" is Hidden