A data form is used to collect process related data and pass it between tasks throughout the whole process. Sometimes you need part of data form to be filled by process starter.
For example for "Vacation request/ approval" process: vacation dates should be provided on the first step by process starter.
Steps to allow process starter to fill data form fields
1. Create data form. To create a data form switch to ‘Data Form’ tab on a template settings screen. Follow instructions in our detailed guide to create a data form.
2. Configure data form visibility for process starter action. Once a data form is created, switch to "Tasks" tab, click on "Process start task" and open ‘Field visibility’ tab to specify which fields should be included for a process starter to fill in on a start process form popup. By default all data form fields are hidden for process starter.
There are 3 available options for visibility settings:
- Editable (a process starter WILL see this field and MAY enter the value on a process start popup)
- Required (a process starter WILL see this field and MUST enter the value on a process start popup)
- Hidden (a process starter WILL NOT see this field on a process start popup)
Making all data fields "Required" to be filled on process start:
3. Now process start popup window has required fields:
NOTE: Once a data form is created, all task assignees can view and fill all data form fields. You may need to restrict assignee access or hide unnecessary fields to make your process more structured. More details about it in configure visibility settings article.
You also may be interested to use data form field values in process naming.